I think it's definitely reasonable to have a parameter for this.

The perforce.py mentioned above would be for Review Board. With post-review,
you'd be looking for postreview.py in rbtools.

What I'd advise is to check out a copy of rbtools from Git and add a
--p4-ticket parameter. It shouldn't be too hard. You can see how the other
options work (which are defined near the bottom of the file), and make use
of the passed option to pass the right thing to p4. I don't know about the
ticketing stuff well enough to know what needs to be passed or set. If you
can get it working, though, I'll commit a patch so you won't have to
maintain a fork for too long.