Hi John,

Have you used Google Reader? In Google Reader, as you scroll through a list
of posts, it will mark the ones you've scrolled past (or interacted with) as
"read." This makes it very easy to see all the posts or just the posts you
haven't gotten to yet.

Would something like that suffice? Visually indicate and internally store
which diffs you've read vs. the ones you haven't, and allow for quick
filtering of which ones you have or haven't seen.

I would personally like a model like this, though I think we'd have to play
with it a bit. I want to know if it would work for your needs, though.

I could also see allowing easily hiding/showing of a diff. Kind of an
expander (not diff chunk expansion) where you could collapse the entire
thing down to one line with the file's name. That requires a bit more manual
work to keep track of where you are, though.