This has me pretty baffled.  I wrote a Java API awhile ago to publish
a review request, among other things.  The API does in fact publish
the request (it's visible to users, and is no longer in draft mode),
however, emails are not being sent to the groups and reviewers on the
request.  If I post a Review to a Review Request, the emails send just
fine.

The strange thing is, if I use the "--publish" command of post-review,
it works fine and emails are sent.  I looked at the source code for
post-review and the webapi URL in there is the same as what I'm using
("/api/json/reviewrequests/<ID>/publish/", POST, no fields).  If I put
the publish URL into my browser and do it, it also works.  I double
checked that my "publish" call is a POST, and that I am logging in via
the webapi (I imagine the publish would fail if I wasn't).  I looked
at the source for reviewboard itself, and there's nothing I can see
out of the ordinary for sending the emails.  The account I'm
publishing with I've even set to superuser just in case there was a
permission issue, and that didn't solve it either.  I have also
verified that the groups/reviewers are added BEFORE the publish call
is made.  If I leave it as is, published, and re-run it to republish
it, emails are still never sent out to the groups and reviewers (so I
don't think it's something to do with things not being saved timely
enough) - and in fact, the Review Request will be updated and
republished with the diffs from the original publish (sans emails).

The RB logs show no errors.  Frustratingly, this was working until a
recent power outage had us restart all our servers... and that really
makes no sense.

I'm at a loss at this point.  I'm not sure what to try next or where
to look.  Anyone have any ideas?

We're on RB 1.5

Thanks!

-Ryan