I try to run two parallel ReviewBoard instances right now. Here is
what I did to set them up:
With the old instance:
- renamed the old database and changed the configuration accordingly
- renamed the virtual host and moved the site directory and changed
the virtual host configuration accordingly (search and replace)
- checked any site configuration entries in the database to contain
the new url
The New instance:
- created it via rb-site command
- used a completely new database
- the usual set up steps
Now, if both instances ar activated in the apache configuration, I
often get the error "Cookies must be enabled..." or on a page refresh
it seems that i'm logged out again. Additionally, it suddenly jumps
from one instance to another displaying the contents of the wrong
instance (url and displayed contents don't match)
Now, two questions:
1. Am I supposed to use one database for the two instances instead of
two seperate ones?
2. what could cause the two instances to be mixed up? maybe memcached?
have I maybe forgot some parameter which is still the same in both
instances and used as a key in memcached?
Any help appreciated!
(Admin of reviewboard.kde.org)
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at