Jon,

Did this really do what you wanted?  I find myself in much the same
situation, of having an ancient RB implementation in use, setting up a
more modern one, and the prospect of either keeping the old one around
for some indeterminite amount of time.

The question I have is: isn't reviews_review a table of completed
reviews?   The 'id' field in reviews_review seems to have the
auto_increment attribute.

Isn't the thing you want to adjust reviews_reviewrequest table, so
that the review *request* numbers don't collide with the old ones,
rather than the completed review records? .

Once I executed ALTER TABLE reviews_reviewrequest 20000; I got review
requests numbered up that high.

(Of course, I changed reviews_reviewrequest *after* changing
reviews_review.  So now my IDs in the reviews_review table are
starting at around 20000.  Gulp!)

Thanks,

m@