I was able to wipe the reviews_review database--at least I think I
did--and it seemed to be fairly happy for a while.

However, shortly thereafter, review creation would time out, even for
a single-line diff.  I turned on logging and enabled code profiling,
but the log showed no new entries when I'd try to create the review.
The only thing that the access log showed was a POST operation to /r/
new, which returned with a timeout error code.

After receiving the timeout message, I would go to my "Outgoing
reviews" section, and a new review had been created, and was available
to me.  (FWIW, I've seen this behaviour on the 0.8 beta as well.)

Today, the problem has gone away, and I can't reproduce the timeout.
I suspected that maybe the database was being backed up, or was
otherwise unavailable, but that seems unlikely, as the only thing in
it is one or two reviews. If there was a problem, it should have gone
away quickly because the backup should have finished quickly.

I extended fastcgi's timeout to 60 seconds, but that only increased
the amount of time I had to wait for the failure report.

Any suggestions for how to proceed in debugging this?  While the
problem has gone away for the moment, I suspect it shall return.

Thanks,

m@