It seems that there is not way to script adding users, is this correct?

My use case is something like this:

I want to create my list of users in ReviewBoard en masse, so that I
can start creating reviews as part of a post-commit hook script from
SVN.  I'd be happy to do it with the Web API.  I already have a nicely
formatted list of users, a little script that can talk to the API, but
the API doesn't seem to have anything for me to hook into for this
purpose.

Suggestions?  Including "You're doing an insane thing - this (x) is a
better method".

Also:  Is there any way to have a mixed mode authentication?

i.e. I have a user 'Alice' for example in SVN, who does not have an
LDAP entry (and will never have an LDAP entry).

Something like: Try LDAP first - if the user does not exist there,
check our local auth store ( the ReviewBoard default ).