I would expect the Review Board log file to indicate that it's trying to
fetch from the repository. That usually comes immediately after the diff
parsing.

Christian

-- 
Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com


On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:01 AM, mxbraun <matthew.br...@intel.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify: yes, this is on creating a rreview draft, so there
> should be no email involved.  The user's browser is shown the Server
> Error (code 500) page, and the following entry is made in the Transfer/
> Apache log:
>         10.xx.yy.29 - - [11/Oct/2010:20:03:22 -0700] "POST /r/new/
> HTTP/1.1" 500 1622
> 500 == Server Error, 1622 is the size of locally-reworded "ReviewBoard
> is Unavailable" message/screen.
>
> This happens on the "New Review Request" screen, after I've selected
> an (SVN) Repository, set the component/base path, and browsed to/
> supplied a small diff file.  When I click "Create Review", I get a
> timeout.  As the log above showed, the DiffParser parses the diff, but
> after that: nada.
>
> m@
>
> On Oct 13, 12:51 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> > It sounded like this was during the initial creation and not the
> publishing,
> > in which case there shouldn't be an e-mail yet.
> >
> > But yes, definitely, a local SMTP server is beneficial for performance. I
> > really should write a section of the manual for performance tips such as
> > this.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > --
> > Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
> > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org
> > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel
> > <th...@ginkel.com>wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 23:00, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > > Another possibility is that it's your repository. If that's being
> slow to
> > > > reach, things will time out in Review Board. During the creation of a
> new
> > > > review request, it tries to access files from there, and can time out
> if
> > > it
> > > > can't access it.
> >
> > > Yet another possibility: The SMTP server. Mails are sent synchronously
> > > on review request creation, so if the SMTP server is slow, this will
> > > slow down review request creation.
> >
> > > Solution: Operate a local SMTP server that relays to the corporate
> SMTP.
> >
> > > Regards,
> > > Thilo
> >
> > > --
> > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
> > >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> <reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> >
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>
> --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

Reply via email to