With continuous persistence and assistance from Christian we finally
got it working.

FYI, we are using https with certificate for SVN authentication.
In this kind of a setup, you need to make sure that the 'data'
directory of the reviewboard site has the '.subversion' folder with
the certificate and 'server' file with 'www-data' being the owner of
that folder. Generally, you would have this setup already configured
in the current users home directory.
So, all you need to do is copy the .subversion folder (which has the
certificate file and servers file) from /home/reviewboard (assuming
current user is reviewboard) to /var/www/reviewboard/data folder and
change the owner of this folder resursively to 'www-data'.

Hopefully, this would save somebody sometime and not struggle for days
trying to figure it out like me.