Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear you never got this figured out.

Can you tell me what sort of authentication you're using on Review
Board, and whether or not you have anonymous access turned on? Both
should be in the Admin UI -> Settings -> Authentication.

We may need to add some logging on your install to figure out where
things are getting tripped up.