Hi Ian,

If memcached is properly installed and running, you should see a
memcached daemon process running in the process list. If you installed
python-memcached before creating your Review Board site, and chose
memcached during 'rb-site install', then rb-site verified that you
have memcached installed properly.

You can tell if it's being used by logging into the Admin UI and
clicking "Server Cache" in the right pane. It will give you statistics
on the cache, if it's being used.

We don't use the Apache modules for memcached. We interact with the
server ourselves and cache pieces of information manually.