Is it possible to configure reviewboard so that

   * Accounts can be created by anyone
   * Those accounts cannot create reviews or post comments until they
     have been manually added to the appropriate Permission Group?

I'm setting up a system to be used by the Second Life Viewer open source project, and would prefer not to have to create accounts for people by hand, but would like to have some control over who can add content.

Not incidentally, I'm very interested in the OpenID support that is listed a possible addition in 1.6 and have an OpenID provider that I can make available for testing if/when someone wants to work on this for ReviewBoard.

These two things are not unrelated - if accounts are defined externally, having a permission that governs use of the service seems important.

Happy user? Let us know at