On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)
<o...@lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Yes, that would do nicely.
>
> Would it be a small change to just change the default value of the 'active'
> flag be false?   Until the notification system was in place I could just
> instruct new users that they need to send mail to me after they create an
> account....

It should be, yeah. You can modify RegistrationForm in
reviewboard/accounts/forms.py to do it. Off the top of my head, you
could probably add a new save method, like:

    def save(self):
        user = super(RegistrationForm, self).save()

        if user:
            user.active = False
            user.save()

        return user

Of course, you'll have to patch that for every release. That, or clone
our Git repository and do your own builds from that, keeping this
change in a branch.

> I also have a couple of suggestions on how to customize the site.  I've done
> them by hand on mine (which won't be generally visible until I've got SSL
> installed), but I'm pretty sure I can see how to extend the Settings to
> support what I've done in a more general way.  I'll take a stab at it and
> post some patches.

I'd love to hear about them.