When you say another location, do you mean on the same server or on a
different server?

You can tell Review Board the URL for any media files in the Admin UI
-> General Settings page.

However, Review Board will always update the media files in the
existing htdocs/media/ directory every time you upgrade. If you really
want to move things (and without knowing where, it's hard to say
what's best), you may want to instead set up a symlink to point to the
existing htdocs/media/ from the new place.

Unlike a standard website or a PHP-based site, Review Board doesn't
use the filesystem for URLs. Instead, all requests by default go
through the Python interpreter (using mod_python, mod_wsgi, or
mod_fastcgi). The Alias directives and the accompanying <Directory>
rules for the media and errordocs directories tell Apache to handle
the requests for the media/errordocs URLs instead, since the Python
process won't serve them. If you're moving your media instead to
another domain (using, say, a dedicated media subdomain), then you'd
want to symlink the directory or rsync the files on upgrade and then
tell Review Board what the media URL is in General Settings.