On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)
<o...@lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Yes, a direct REST api that returned the url for a name would certainly be
> helpful.
> Do you plan to make it possible to require authentication for the REST apis
> in 1.6?  I'm currently running my server with anonymous access disabled
> because enabling anon access made the REST query apis open.

What parts are you wanting to hide?

I can absolutely see hiding user information (definitely the full
e-mail address, maybe partly the full name) and maybe the group e-mail
address when the user accessing it is anonymous. I don't know that
blocking the entire API is useful, though, if you're allowing
anonymous access to the site anyway.