Thanks Christian,

The client would have been Java (JAX). I am working on integrating a
custom developed bug management system with a Subversion pre-commit
hook. One of the steps that we would like to perform before allowing
for code check in is to confirm that the submitted code has gone
through a code review process. This is when I came across Review
Board, for which I really liked the fact that a web service interface
was available. With that said, based upon my early investigation of
what interfaces are available, and my requirements, it looks like
directly accessing the MySQL database might be my best bet. (I have
only spent one day on my POC).

Thanks again for your response.