I am sorry I didn't reply back. I didn't place the correct group email
settings. I know this is 1 year too late :) But it might help others
searching for a solution.

Basically, if you have installed MySQL-python from the yum like this:

yum install MySQL-python

That installs a really old version (nothing out of the ordinary with RHEL),
you would need to install the package from easy_install as stated in the

easy_install mysql-python

You will still have a problem doing that on a recent RHEL server with the
following error:

Searching for mysql-python
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/mysql-python/
Reading http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/
Reading http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python
Best match: MySQL-python 1.2.3
Processing MySQL-python-1.2.3.tar.gz
Running MySQL-python-1.2.3/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-JSe0sC/MySQL-python-1.2.3/e gg-dist-tmp-oEFDWM
warning: no files found matching 'MANIFEST'
warning: no files found matching 'ChangeLog'
warning: no files found matching 'GPL'
_mysql.c:36:23: error: my_config.h: No such file or directory
_mysql.c:38:19: error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
_mysql.c:39:26: error: mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
_mysql.c:40:20: error: errmsg.h: No such file or directory
_mysql.c:2422: error: initializer element is not constant
_mysql.c:2422: error: (near initialization for
_mysql.c: In function â_mysql_ConnectionObject_getattrâ:
_mysql.c:2444: error: â_mysql_ConnectionObjectâ has no member named âopenâ
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status

You should quickly realize that it requires the MySQL headers since at the
beginning stated missing files, so if you install it:

yum install mysql-devel

It will work perfectly.

I hope this will help other people who are running Review Board on RHEL.
Maybe worth adding to the docs that "mysql-devel" is needed t install
"mysql-python" correctly.

Mohamed Mansour