Hi David,

It looks like you're trying to use both the old API and the new API.
The old API lives in /api/json/ and the new one has the root in /api/.

The old API never officially supported Basic HTTP Auth. It was a bug
that it ever did, and we won't be re-adding it. For the old API, you
must explicitly log in using /api/json/account/login/ (I think that's
the URI, anyway).

However, you should be using only the new API. The old API is going
away in the 1.6 release. Posting a review request in the new one is
easy. HTTP POST to /api/review-requests/ with the information you
need. It's mostly the same as the old call. The API docs should cover
what's needed.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com



On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM, dlowe <dll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded to 1.5.2, and since doing so new code review creation
> via the Web API appears to be broken. Specifically indicating that I
> am not logged in, even though I sent a valid Authorization header.
>
> What's interesting is the some of the APIs, specifically to get users
> appears to be fine (note anonymous access is turned off).
>
> The following is the HTTP log for creating new requests which is
> failing:
>
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "POST /
> reviewboard/api/json/reviewrequests/new/ HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >>
> "Authorization: Basic Y29kZV9tYW5hZ2VtZW50X3Byb3h5OnBhc3N3b3Jk[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "User-
> Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "Host:
> prepdev.engba.host.com[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "Content-
> Length: 430[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "Content-
> Type: multipart/form-data;
> boundary=MyZfHhgiDAxrW9W117Cx9QdPcuJYABcfNt[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "--"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >>
> "MyZfHhgiDAxrW9W117Cx9QdPcuJYABcfNt"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Disposition: form-data; name="
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> """
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >>
> "repository_path"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> """
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Type: "
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "text/
> plain"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> ";
> charset="
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "US-
> ASCII"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Transfer-Encoding: "
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "8bit"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "http://
> prepdev.engba.host.com/svn/VOS"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "--"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >>
> "MyZfHhgiDAxrW9W117Cx9QdPcuJYABcfNt"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Disposition: form-data; name="
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> """
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >>
> "submit_as"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> """
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Type: "
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "text/
> plain"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> ";
> charset="
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "US-
> ASCII"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "Content-
> Transfer-Encoding: "
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "8bit"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "dlowe"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "--"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >>
> "MyZfHhgiDAxrW9W117Cx9QdPcuJYABcfNt"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "--"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - >> "[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,828 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "HTTP/1.1
> 200 OK[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,828 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "HTTP/1.1
> 200 OK[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,828 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Date:
> Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:22:23 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,828 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Server:
> Apache[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,828 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Length: 107[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Language: en-us[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Expires:
> Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:22:23 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Vary:
> Cookie,Accept-Language,User-Agent,Accept-Encoding[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Last-
> Modified: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:22:23 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "ETag:
> "f3e881c0e92e9c52dae68224a5253619"[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Cache-
> Control: max-age=0[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Type: application/json[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "WWW-
> Authenticate: Basic realm="Web API"[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - <<
> "Connection: close[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:22:56,843 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 13:54:35,937 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - <<
> "{"deprecated": {"in_version": "1.5"}, "stat": "fail", "err": {"msg":
> "You are not logged in", "code": 103}}"
>
>
> This transaction works:
>
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,515 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "GET /
> reviewboard/api/users/dlowe/ HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,531 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >>
> "Authorization: Basic Y29kZV9tYW5hZ2VtZW50X3Byb3h5OnBhc3N3b3Jk[\r]
> [\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,531 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "User-
> Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,531 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "Host:
> prepdev.host.symantec.com[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,531 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - >> "[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "HTTP/1.1
> 200 OK[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "HTTP/1.1
> 200 OK[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Date:
> Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:02:59 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Server:
> Apache[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Length: 403[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Language: en-us[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Expires:
> Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:03:00 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Vary:
> Accept,Cookie,Accept-Language,Accept-Encoding,User-Agent[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Last-
> Modified: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:03:00 GMT[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "ETag:
> "61f9f242a71f53634bcfc373fb5b4846"[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Cache-
> Control: max-age=0[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Content-
> Type: application/json[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "Set-
> Cookie:  rbsessionid=bb81ed4ef119de9bb0416736ce264985; expires=Sat, 14-
> Jan-2012 19:03:00 GMT; Max-Age=31536000; Path=/reviewboard/;[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - <<
> "Connection: close[\r][\n]"
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,687 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.header - << "[\r][\n]"
> 200
> 2011-01-14 14:03:33,703 [DEBUG] httpclient.wire.content - << "{"stat":
> "ok", "user": {"username": "dlowe", "first_name": "David",
> "last_name": "Lowe", "links": {"watched": {"href": "http://
> prepdev.engba.host.com/reviewboard/api/users/dlowe/watched/",
> "method": "GET"}, "self": {"href": "http://prepdev.engba.host.com/
> reviewboard/api/users/dlowe/", "method": "GET"}}, "url": "/users/
> dlowe/", "id": 2, "fullname": "David Lowe", "email":
> "dl...@host.com"}}"
>
>
> If there is not an obvious fix, is there a way to downgrade back to
> 1.5.1?
>
> Thanks
> <david />
>
> --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

Reply via email to