In my case `git svn info` is actually creating an empty .git/svn, so the
check would have to be for if there are any files in there I think. On our
smaller repos it does bail quickly, so I think somewhere it (git svn info)
must be walking the history and just going through all 5k revs is taking a
while.

--Noah