Work will need to be done to implement this in rbssh. I'll work a bit on it
and, if I can get that and another rbssh bug fixed in the next few days,
I'll get a release out.

Sorry for the delay. This is a new piece of code needed to work around some
other large problems, but I know it's blocking you. An alternative would be
to go back to 1.5.1 for now until we have this working (but it will also
mean you can't use an uploaded SSH key, due to limitations in OpenSSH).