Hi Dee,

Okay, that's sort of what I was expecting the reason to be.

The in-development 1.6 release has access policy control, where you can:

1) Make groups invite-only, which will prevent people from joining
2) Make groups private, which will prevent non-group members from seeing any
review requests in them (unless those review request are also targetted to
some public groups)
3) Make repositories private, which limits access to selected users or
invite-only groups.
4) Segment the Review Board server into several virtual "sites", each with
their own configured users, groups, and repositories. These would be, say,
http://reviews.example.com/s/site1/, /s/site2/, etc.

1.6 is still in development, but there are nightly builds if you want to try
them. We run our own server off the nightlies, so we definitely try to keep
it stable. Right now, 1.6 contains the access policies, some bug fixes, and
a few new small features.

If you wanted to instead work around this in your own install, it's very
important to know a few things:

1) You have to modify the actual Review Board code, not just the templates.
2) You're not actually limiting anything. You're just hiding it from plain
sight. Any user will still be able to access anything.

As for reporting, there's nothing yet, but we have plans to do something in
the future. No time table just yet.

You can access the database directly, assuming you have it configured to be
public. Review Board doesn't lock out any access. However, we can't
officially support that. We do support the API.