Default reviewers helps with merges, the other one depending on the
structure of the code is to divide the diff into multiple review requests.
This allows reviewers to digest the change in a manageable piece. How you
divide it would depend on the type of work, but we have done some where all
the make/build system changes are in one review, addition of new api calls
are in another, and then a 3rd which contains the usage of those new calls.

The only thing that would be nice is if there was a way in reviewboard to
say that two review requests are linked or depend on each other.

Scott