Isn't true.

  I already wrote little (3 lines?) patch which allow generate diffs
for parent branch from bare-repo but I want to test it in fire of war
before I send code to review. Everything looks good so it is possible.
Will be good in future if post-review will be tested and modified to
work also with bare-repositories. This will allow to use post-review
inside git hooks on "central" repo.

Regards,