Hello Christian,

Thank you very much for your answer. That was the right pointer. I investigated
a few minutes and found the alternative configuration directive for mod_fcgi on
http://www.fastcgi.com/mod_fastcgi/docs/mod_fastcgi.html. To resolve the
problem I finally added the following line to my fastcgi.conf:

FastCgiConfig -pass-header Authorization

Maybe it is a good idea to add this line and the mod_fcgid config directive you
mentioned next to the FAQ entry regarding mod_wsgi.

Tanks again, Ruben