On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:35 AM, storms <v...@sendmail.com> wrote:
> I have defined the following in Authentication Settings page:
> LDAP Server:     ldap://<server>:389
> LDAP BaseDN:  dc=sendmail,dc=com
> User Mask:         (&(objectClass=User) (mailNickname=%s))
> WARNING:root:LDAP error: The specified object does not exist in the
> Directory: (&(objectClass=User) (mailNickname=admin))

Try (assuming you have openldap-clients installed):
ldapsearch -x -h <server> -b dc=sendmail,dc=com \
'(&(objectClass=User) (mailNickname=foo))'

where 'foo' is the username you're trying to log in with.

You'll want to examine your LDAP object to make sure it has
objectClass=User and mailNickname=foo, of course.

Dan Young <dyo...@mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services