I now have .reviewboardrc in my home diretory with the following:
REPOSITORY = "cvs.x.com:/cvs"
REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://vmreviews.lab.x.com/reviews/";

My cvs repository setting is as follows:
Hosting service:  custom
Repository type:  CVS
Mirror path:  <blank>
Username:  <usrname>
password:  <passowrd>

I get the following 206 error running post-review:

$ post-review --debug Build
>>> RBTools 0.3.2
>>> Home = /home/userx
>>> svn info
>>> repository info: Path: repoman.s.x.com:/cvs, Base path: None, Supports
>>> changesets: False
>>> HTTP GETting api/
>>> HTTP GETting http://vmreviews.lab.x.com/reviews/api/info/
>>> Using the new web API
>>> cvs diff -uN Build
>>> Attempting to create review request on cvs.x.com:/cvs for None
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://vmreviews.lab.x.com/reviews/api/review-requests/:
>>> {'repository': 'cvs.x.com:/cvs'}
>>> Got API Error 206 (HTTP code 400): The repository path specified is not in
>>> the list of known repositories
>>> Error data: {u'stat': u'fail', u'repository': u'cvs.x.com:/cvs', u'err':
>>> {u'msg': u'The repository path specified is not in the list of known
>>> repositories', u'code': 206}}

There was an error creating this review request.

The repository path "repoman.s.x.com:/cvs" is not in the list of known
repositories on the server.

Ask the administrator to add this repository to the Review Board
For information on adding repositories, please read