The .reviewboardrc should be in the checkout for your project, not in the
home directory. It'll work there, but only for your user.

The repository path used in Review Board must exactly match what CVS is
reporting. If you have two versions of the URL, you can list the version in
CVS as either Path or Mirror Path.