We allow any user to mark their own review request as submitted.

This is okay, because marking as submitted doesn't actually submit the
review request. It just hides it from users' dashboards and indicates that
the review request was submitted to anybody who views it.

So, if that user isn't allowed to submit to the repository, marking as
submitted won't do any harm.