Or not.

This is an annoying complication involving PostgreSQL's way of handling
certain types of alterations within a single transaction, and there's no
clear way of making this work without 1) major changes to django-evolution,
the project that handles database migrations, or 2) changing the database
schema in 1.6 beta 2, which will break anyone else who already upgraded to
it or has been developing on it.

So, no immediate solution. Stay tuned?