We also had broken counts in our 1.6 beta 1 instance. We are running it using a
MySQL database, so to fix the counters we wrote the following SQL script which
we run once a day:

#All My Requests:
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.total_outgoing_request_count =
(SELECT count(*)  FROM reviews_reviewrequest as r WHERE r.submitter_id =
lp.user_id);

#Stared:
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.starred_public_request_count =
(SELECT count(*) FROM accounts_profile_starred_review_requests as s WHERE
s.profile_id = lp.profile_id);

#Outgoing:
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.pending_outgoing_request_count =
(SELECT count(*)  FROM reviews_reviewrequest as r WHERE r.submitter_id =
lp.user_id AND STATUS =  'P');

#Incomming:
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.total_incoming_request_count =
(SELECT count(*) FROM reviews_reviewrequest as r left join
                        reviews_reviewrequest_target_people as p on
p.reviewrequest_id = r.id left join
                        reviews_reviewrequest_target_groups as g on
g.reviewrequest_id = r.id join
                        reviews_group_users as gu on gu.group_id = g.group_id
                WHERE         (lp.user_id = gu.user_id OR lp.user_id =
p.user_id) and r.status = 'P' group by lp.user_id)

update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.total_incoming_request_count = 0
where lp.total_incoming_request_count is null;

#TOME:
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.direct_incoming_request_count =
(SELECT count(*) FROM reviews_reviewrequest_target_people as p join
reviews_reviewrequest as r on p.reviewrequest_id = r.id WHERE p.user_id=
lp.user_id and r.status = 'P' group by p.user_id);
update accounts_localsiteprofile as lp set lp.direct_incoming_request_count = 0
where lp.direct_incoming_request_count is null;

We are looking into upgrading to 1.6 beta 2 as well, once we have upgraded we
don't have to run these querys again :)

Hope this might be helpful for someone.

Stefan