Pathing isn't the issue because if I rename the egg, I get an error
that it cannot be found at all.

So I ran thru a debugger and found it was failing in pkg_resources.py:

    def run_script(self,script_name,namespace):
        script = 'scripts/'+script_name
        if not self.has_metadata(script):
            raise ResolutionError("No script named %r" % script_name)

Inspecting the egg, there is no /scripts directory.  I opened the egg
and moved files around and got it working.  I'm assuming this isn't
meant to be.  Is there another method instead of
pkg_resources.run_script() I should be using to call the script within
the egg?  rbtools-0.2beta1-py2.6 does in fact have a /scripts
directory.