Hi Michael,

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but you just want to disable access to
review requests, diffs, basically all UI if you're not logged in, correct?

You don't need any of the new access policies support for that. You just
need to toggle the "Allow anonymous access" checkbox in Settings ->
Authentication.