Running evolve --hint --execute is the best way to cause breakages like
this. You should never have a reason to run it, regardless of what people
say on the forum or other sites, unless you're in some very specific
development cases.

What I imagine happened was that, for some reason, you ended up running
evolve --hint --execute with an older version of Review Board, or something,
and it erased the fields. Then when doing the upgrade, it expected those to
exist, because the evolution history said they were there.

Best advice would be to restore from a backup from before the upgrade, if
you can. (Do you have a backup from before the upgrade?)

Failing that, you'd need to remove all the evolution database entries from
1.6 beta 1 through beta 2. There's a table (django_evolution) that lists, in
order, the evolutions performed. I think you want to delete starting at the
"localsite".

Make sure you backup your database first! This is hairy and may require a
bit of trial and error.

Is there any chance you for any moment reverted back to an older version of
Review Board?

Also, what version of Review Board did you start with when creating the
database?