We are using RB 1.5.4 running on CentOS release 5.5 and using svn as
our code repository (running on a separate server).

Lately we have been seeing many words in the diff view outlined in
red.  This is not a red highlight, but a red outline box around the
word.  (The term "word" includes letters connected by dashes [-]
periods [.] underscores [_], etc.)  These boxes can occur in code
lines that are otherwise unchanged, as well as lines that have usual
code changes.

This doesn't occur in all diffs and we haven't been able to figure out
what the red outlines signify and why they show up in some diffs and
not in others.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to attach a sample of a diff that exhibited this behavior, but
this editor doesn't seem to allow for attachments or pasting inline
images.  Sorry.

Happy user? Let us know at