Hi Eric,

So, I'm not a Mercurial person (though many people on the list are and can
I'm sure give you some better insight into this), but in general, you should
be able to point Review Board at any repository and not worry about how
another's repository is set up these days.

When a user runs post-review (or hg post-review, which is a third party
thing that many people use, but I know nothing about), it will try to
compare the repository path with what's on the server. So historically, that
had to be the same. Nowadays, though, you can use the repository name and
not the path for comparison (by setting "REPOSITORY = '<name>'" in
.reviewboardrc). I don't know if hg post-review supports this yet.

At that point, so long as the client can find the repository on the server,
it'll just be uploading a diff that is then applied onto files checked out
from the repository Review Board knows about.

Now, that repository should always be pristine and up-to-date, or Review
Board may hit problems finding the files and applying the patches. I'd
recommend having a dedicated checkout.

Do you have a central Mercurial repository that everything gets pushed to?
Ideally, that should be used.