When I use "/reviewboard/" for both SITE_ROOT and FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME,
http://localhost/reviewboard/ takes me to the same Page Not Found 404 error
for ^reviewboard/ page.

Just for reference, though, here's the VirtualHost directive from my Apache
configuration file ... if it helps:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName dev7
DocumentRoot "E:/ReviewBoard/htdocs"

# Error handlers
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

WSGIPassAuthorization On
WSGIScriptAlias "/reviewboard" "E:/ReviewBoard/htdocs/reviewboard.wsgi"
WSGIScriptAlias "/trac" "E:/Trac/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi"

<Location '/trac'>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Trac"
AuthUserFile E:/Trac/.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</Location>

<Directory "E:/ReviewBoard/htdocs">
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

<Directory "E:/Trac/htdocs">
WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
Order allow,deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

Alias /reviewboard/media "E:/ReviewBoard/htdocs/media"
Alias /reviewboard/errordocs "E:/ReviewBoard/htdocs/errordocs"
Alias /trac/chrome/common "E:/Trac/htdocs/common"
Alias /trac/chrome/site "E:/Trac/htdocs/site"
</VirtualHost>

The odd thing is that Trac works just fine, the only problem I'm having is
with Review Board, and only in certain cases.  As I said earlier, if I set
things up where SITE_ROOT = "/" and FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME = "/reviewboard", I
can still use the majority of the application, it's just a few internal
redirects that don't work (like when the application tries to redirect me to
the login page or when the application tried to make a request to the JSON
API).  So that, with your statement about SITE_ROOT to make subdirs work at
all, has me really scratching my head ...