The problem at hand is this error when upgrading a site:

$ sudo rb-site upgrade /path/to/site
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
There are unapplied evolutions for scmtools.
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
No fixtures found.
Crypto/Util/ RandomPool_DeprecationWarning: This
application uses RandomPool, which is BROKEN in older releases.  See
Error: Error applying evolution: column "basedir" of relation
"diffviewer_diffset" already exists

I had already updated ReviewBoard with easy_install from 1.5 to 1.5.3
and then 1.5.3 to 1.5.5 (IIRC) but had forgotten to upgrade the site
during those updates which I suspect is the cause of the problem.

Doing the naive thing and dropping the diffviewer_diffset.basedir
column results in this error:

Error: Error applying evolution: cannot ALTER TABLE
"diffviewer_diffset" because it has pending trigger events

So I feel like I'm rather stuck between a rock and a hard place of my
own making. Any advice on how I might proceed would be very much

Dan Brook

Happy user? Let us know at