Great thanks!
I ran rbssh from the command line for both SVN and a regular
connection and got the following:

www-data@review:~/reviewboard$ rbssh svnsync@svnmirror
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rbssh", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('ReviewBoard==1.5.5.dev', 'console_scripts',
'rbssh')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.5.5.dev-
py2.5.egg/reviewboard/cmdline/rbssh.py", line 267, in main
    client.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.WarningPolicy())
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'WarningPolicy'

So I update paramiko using easy_install and that seemed to resolve the
issue. I can now connect from Reviewboard!

I'm not entirely sure the paramiko version _was_ the cause of the
reviewboard error as I wasn't getting an error anything like that but
eitherway it resolved the issue.
Thanks for the info about rbssh, no doubt that will be useful in the
future.