Case solved. It seems I incorrectly assumed that passing content-type
application/json and json encoded repository information will work.
Anyway, once I passed url encoded repository it worked flawlessy (well
it does read that payload needs to be multi-part form data in the
documentation).

--
Maciek Borzecki