I'm looking at a review from a co-worker, and I'd really like to have her
code on my development machine, so that I can run the unit tests and mess
around generally.

I figured that I'd be able to download the diff from the review
(http://our-reviewboard.server/r/123/diff/raw/) and apply that to my local
git repository, but it doesn't apply:

$ git apply ~/Downloads/bug\ \(1\).patch
error: patch failed: some/file:7
error: some/file: patch does not apply
error: other/file: No such file or directory

On reflection, this isn't surprising: she probably based her work on some
commit other than the one that I happen to have checked out.  Perhaps if I
ask her for that commit ID, I'll be able to apply the diff.  But somehow
this seems wrong to me: it seems as if reviewboard should somehow provide
that commit ID automatically.  Am I misunderstanding something?  Is there no
way that I can get her work onto my machine, without having to get extra
information from her?