This used to be how inactive users worked, but we got a lot of people
complaining that it results in stale reviews that never go away. That's a
real problem at some companies. So that's why we hide reviews.

I think the solution will be new filters on the dashboard to show such
review requests. I think if there's some big change that needed to go in,
it's best if the person leaving, or their manager, makes sure that someone's
aware of the review request so they can get the patch and take over.
Otherwise, you just have a review request there indefinitely.