Hi James,

This is a problem specific to the 1.6 betas/RCs. It's a new feature that you
won't find in older releases. It'll be fixed for 1.6 final (which I'm
shooting for this weekend).

Latest is generally the bust, but remember that 1.6 is not a finalized
release. Given that this is a new feature, and likely hasn't had a lot of
real-world testing due to 1.6 being in the beta state, some bugs are
expected.

You can't downgrade a 1.6 install to 1.5.x. You'd have to reinstall from
scratch. For now, just disable that option.