Thanks for the reply, I now understand the root cause. As for my
point, it was that the actual JSON and XML field declarations should
still appear, i.e. instead of something like

<user>
  <id>1</id>
  <username>bla</username>
</user>

there should be

<user>
  <id>1</id>
  <username>bla</username>
  <email/>
</user>

This would make sense from a consistency point of view and avoid
making special cases in code, for both JSON and XML parsers.

Robert

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Hongbin Lu <hongbin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert.
> I believe this is the private profile feature which was added in 1.6 RC1.
> http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=2127
> In general, user profiles are private by default so that email, first_name
> and last_name won't show up. Maybe you can upgrade your account to site
> admin if you can. Those fields should always show to site admin.
> Hongbin
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Robert Munteanu <robert.munte...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, but here goes:
>>
>> The API does not return the {first_name, last_name, email} fields for some
>> users ( 3 out of 8135 on reviews.review-board.org ) . I assume that this is
>> some sort of privacy setting, but I think it would be best for the fields to
>> be returned but empty, as it makes consistent parsing easier.
>>
>> This happens for both the JSON and the XML formats.
>>
>> One such example is
>>
>> http://reviews.reviewboard.org/api/users/mbait/
>>
>> Let me know if I should open a bug report or if this is expected .
>>
>> Robert

>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Sent from my (old) computer