I'm pretty sure I tried that (restarting memcached), but I can try
again.

Do you know if the sorting occurs when posting the review to the
database, or only when viewing the diff? That is, once I've commented
out sort calls and restarted memcached, would I need to re-post the
diff file or would existing reviews revert to the original ordering?
And does it make sense to assume that if there were no sorting, the
order in the diff-file would be the "default" ordering used?

Thanks for your help,
Scott