Some more information,

I removed cn as the Full Name Attribute and mail as the Email LDAP
Attribute and auth now works (mostly) correctly.  Which means that the
givenName / sn fields were retrieved correctly, but the cn / mail
attributes were not.  I would like these attributes to be read,
especially the email one.

--
Jeff