Success!

In case it helps anyone else, here's what I had to do:

1. Comment out this line in diffviewer/forms.py:

        files.sort(cmp=self._compare_files, key=lambda f: f.origFile)

2. Comment out this line in in diffviewer/diffutils.py:

    files.sort(cmp_file)

3. I'm not sure if this step is necessary, but I deleted and
regenerated forms.pyc and diffutils.pyc. I found this link to show how
to manually regenerate them after making the changes in steps 1 and
2:

http://pyfaq.infogami.com/how-do-i-create-a-pyc-file

4. Restart memcached (on Linux, Debian 6):

/etc/init.d/memcached restart

5. Restart apache (on Linux, Debian 6):

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

After that, new posts show up in the same order as the posted diff-
file.

Thanks!
Scott