You can't move the packages to 2.7. You have to re-install.  It looks like
you may have tried that, and that's why it broke?

You need to make sure easy_install is working with Python 2.7, or you're
using easy_install-2.7 (if provided by your distro), and then install the
packages.

You don't need to remove anything from 2.4, and moving packages from 2.4
into 2.7 will just break things.

What distro are you using?