On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> [...] We tell Django to
> build the URLs, and it checks whether HTTPS is used based on the "HTTPS"
> environment variable. Maybe there's something you could do there to fake
> that variable, set it to 1?

I need to narrow it down a bit, some of this seems redundant, but I
think this fixed it:

1.) SetEnv HTTPS on   # in the associated apache config file

2.) os.environ['HTTPS'] = 'on'   # in settings_local.py (probably too late?)

3.) a django patch to handlers/modpython.py to remove the
ModPythonRequest class is_secure() method "try" clause, after noticing
http://www.mail-archive.com/django-users@googlegroups.com/msg55312.html

When I've narrowed it down a bit more I'll try to post a quick reply.
I'm also sure my temporary patch to django will get overwritten on the
next system update, so I probably need to investigate better ways of
accomplishing the same result (and even if it's really necessary).

Thanks for the lead.

And it seems congratulations are in order for VMware Workstation 8.  =)

--
Leander