Thanks Christian :)

The corporate wiki upgrade instructions for reviewboard said that the syncdb
step was unnecessary for our set-up, and I believed it. I'm going to correct
the documentation (unfortunate that I had to reverse-engineer the truth of
the necessity, but there's no bug here but ours). Garbage in garbage out.