On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 12:02 -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Pretty sure, yes. For most people, it's just a few commands. The
> problem you're hitting is that you're trying to perform a custom
> Python install, instead of using native distro packages. So you're
> doing far too much by hand, instead of letting us and your distro do
> all the work.

To be fair, the issue here is that he's trying to use MySQL on RHEL5,
which as I pointed out earlier in this thread is not supported (due to
very old versions of MySQL-python). This is going to be fixed when RHEL
5.8 is released (I have confirmation on that from the MySQL-python
maintainer). In the meantime, I've been trying to help him find a
short-term workaround.

If I had copious amounts of free time, the best solution would be for us
to migrate ReviewBoard on RHEL 5 to use the python26 packages (which
would allow us to parallel-install newer versions of various python
libraries on RHEL5).*

However, there are a LOT of RB deps that aren't currently available for
the python26 builds in EPEL, so I really can't take this approach
without a few volunteers to help me.

* The other benefit to doing this would be that it would then be
possible to include ReviewBoard 1.6.x in EPEL, which cannot be done at
this time because it requires Django 1.3.1 and RHEL only ships 1.1.x.